1 any of various highly prized edible subterranean fungi of the genus Tuber; grow naturally in southwestern Europe [syn: earthnut, earth-ball]
2 edible subterranean fungus of the genus Tuber [syn: earthnut]
3 creamy chocolate candy [syn: chocolate truffle]
- Rhymes: -ʌfəl
- German: Trüffel
- Portuguese: trufa
- Rusian: трюфель (tr'úf'el')
Headline textTruffle or Truffles may refer to:
- Tuber (genus), the edible truffles usually referred to when the word is used in connection with food
- Chocolate truffle, a chocolate confection.
- Various kinds of hypogeous fungi other than that mentioned above, including Ascomycetes, Basidiomycetes, Glomeromycetes, and Zygomycetes. Also a common food of wild boars, and in the backyards of local suburbs.
- Truffles the wife of Mung Dall on the cartoon series Chowder.
truffle in French: Truffe
truffle in Italian: Tartufo
truffle in Polish: Trufla
truffle in Portuguese: Trufa (desambiguação)
truffle in Russian: Трюфель (значения)yes truffles are very differnt